Lawrence S. Pertillar
Left To Ignore But Kept Fantasized
Will we ever come to realize with it recognized,
That existing hypocrisies...
Can not wish a greatness into place.
To be believed and/or achieved,
If a progressive society can not admit its faults.
Or can accept what is reflected,
By images of itself projected although rejects.
And done on a daily basis to witness its defects.
Beliefs to keep are good if understood,
If kept in practice to improve.
It takes an examination that dissects,
What is wanted to be wished...
Has to be corrected into existence.
With something of substance to encourage it.
Instead of pretense to convince no improvement is needed.
Left to ignore but kept fantasized has not provided truth,
To taste or a morsel of it fed to the masses upon which to feed.
Nor has the removal of reality proven to be beneficial...
To anyone capable of defining greatness but absorbing to know it,
Has yet been digested to value the meaning with it achieved.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Left To Ignore But Kept Fantasized by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya
- soon to be extinct.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- On the Bed of Death, Pintu Mahakul
- Solitary Meanings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Heal the Mind oh Healer, Pintu Mahakul
- Where Are You?, angela mann
- letting moments turn to hours, Manonton Dalan
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak