Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
Less Than Nothing!
Less Than Nothing (An Ottawa Rima)
At a 'Senior Citizens' Club', one day,
There was an uproar; and during the row,
In Tamil most members did have their say.
Said Singh to Naidu: 'I could follow
Nothing at all of these Tamilian's fray.
But what it's about, I think you know?
Naidu replied: 'Less have I understood
Than yourself: my version would be no good'.
Rejoined Singh: 'How can you understand 'less'?
Less than nothing, can anything be? '
Caught unawares, but showing no stress,
Naidu reflected while sipping his tea.
He then said: 'I've misunderstood the whole mess;
And as you will surely agree with me -
Misunderstanding is much worse a thing
Than not understanding; hence less than nothing.
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Less Than Nothing! by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
- Raymond J Wright
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(3 February 1874 – 27 July 1946)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(21 May 1688 – 30 May 1744)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- There is another sky, Emily Dickinson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost