Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu
Less Than Nothing!
Less Than Nothing (An Ottawa Rima)
At a 'Senior Citizens' Club', one day,
There was an uproar; and during the row,
In Tamil most members did have their say.
Said Singh to Naidu: 'I could follow
Nothing at all of these Tamilian's fray.
But what it's about, I think you know?
Naidu replied: 'Less have I understood
Than yourself: my version would be no good'.
Rejoined Singh: 'How can you understand 'less'?
Less than nothing, can anything be? '
Caught unawares, but showing no stress,
Naidu reflected while sipping his tea.
He then said: 'I've misunderstood the whole mess;
And as you will surely agree with me -
Misunderstanding is much worse a thing
Than not understanding; hence less than nothing.
Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Less Than Nothing! by Dr. Tulsi Hanumanthu )
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
- Courage, Scott J. Shepard
- For Those Who Starve, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)