Ramesh T A
Lesson to be Learnt in Life!
No medical treatment can keep one alive forever;
No wealth accrued can go with one after death and
Nations and wealth can't be carried away by hands!
So decreed Alexander to be inscribed on his tomb;
He got the wisdom after tried to conquer India, where
He could not answer a question asked by someone!
That question was 'You first conquer Self and then
You can conquer the whole world; can you do it....? '
This wise meaningful words led to his death knell...!
Whatever things we do in this world are for this world;
We cannot carry anything with us after death ever.....;
So, let us do the best thing for the world to remember us!
Desiring what we deserve let us do our duties here
And there lies peace, happiness and satisfaction ever!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lesson to be Learnt in Life! by Ramesh T A )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Get Your Story Out, Seema Chowdhury
- When I Stood In The Emerald Rain, mary douglas
- My Thoughts Dragged Me Into The Courtroom!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Speak To Your Dream, Seema Chowdhury
- Running towards, gajanan mishra
- Where You Fit In The Big Picture, Seema Chowdhury
- In Your White Cathedral On An April Day, mary douglas
- Unforseen Reality, Seema Chowdhury
- The Stone Carver, John F. McCullagh
- Everglades, Liilia Talts Morrison