nimal dunuhinga (19, April,1951 / kalubovila East, Sri Lanka)
Let me hide in your small magic box
Conjurer! Please tell the audience that a man comes from the box.
When you give the command I'll jump out.
Then they shout 'Oh! it's an animal.'
I'll hide in the box again and tell them
Now you bring an animal.
They shout when they see me.
It's a man.'
nimal dunuhinga's Other Poems
- * I was born by the River
- *Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
- *Moon rapes his sister Sun
- A Barber writes
- A beautiful widow's upstage
- A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
- A Beggar Maid's Breakdown In The Life Cy...
- A Beggar Never Complains?
- A bird flies beyond the sky
- A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.