Nate Flying Owl
Letter To Kokopelli
Kokopelli, mythic flutist,
Does any of today's music
Hold up to your criteria?
Are modern composers worthy
Of the best praise one can recieve
Or of the most brutal disdain?
What modern songs do you enjoy?
How many infuriate you
With their pedestrian rhythms
And lack of creative lyrics?
Or are there songs I have not heard
That you whole-heartedly adore?
Do the songs of America
Sound to you, as they do to me,
To be dipping in quality?
Are you open-minded enough
To accept music's direction
As it is, forever an art?
Nate Flying Owl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letter To Kokopelli by Nate Flying Owl )
- Winter Song, Rose Marie Nizamuddin
- Poet, arshad arshad
- Festival of Light, Aftab Alam
- Crying, Michael McParland
- Where are you going, gajanan mishra
- Funerall Elegy XX, Francis Quarles
- Lovely, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Life, Mustapha Muinah
- Funerall Elegy XIII, Francis Quarles
- A monkey's like a ghazal in his mom's eyes, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)