Letter To The Devil
Old, old Nick, why do you do the things that you do
With all the grief and turmoil you enjoy putting me through,
Why do you always enjoy throwing these temptations up at me
Why do you like to see me, screaming in pain and also in agony.
Is that your main enjoyment seeing me in misery, sadness and grief,
Why do you want me to be like you, a liar, a cheat and also a thief.
Hateful Deceiver, why do you enjoy so much to deceive
When I fall in love or want to trust you cause me not to believe,
Do you feel any better when I am down and depressed
Does it make you happy and joyful because of my unrest.
Do you enjoy laughing at me when I suffer and I hurt,
Why from my way of life do you always want me to convert.
Demon, why do you hate and loathe me so much
You! I have never seen or cursed or even the such,
You once were loved like how I wished and want to be loved
Now in my mind there is hate and its torment that you have shoved.
But, now you are hated and despised and also feared,
When you see me angry that is from the evil you have cheered.
Beelzebub, I just need to know, so I must ask you why
Why do you enjoy it when people scream, suffer and also cry,
Why do you enjoy it when you hear of murder, rape and lust
You bring me nausea, distaste, hatefulness and of course distrust.
Why in man’s suffering and heartbreak and anguish you must revel,
Please tell me why you are the way you are…….. Devil!
Randy L. McClave
Randy McClave's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letter To The Devil by Randy McClave )
- The Chance, Michael McParland
- Going Home, Douglas McClarty
- I AM THE DRAGON, Philo Yan
- Let us welcome, hasmukh amathalal
- First In My Life, Latha Krishnan
- Cheenti ki maut (Hindi) चींटी की मौत, S.D. TIWARI
- Even If You're Not A Poet, Call You That.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- I Truly Love you, Michael McParland
- The Third Person, Latha Krishnan
- This Body And This Mind, Neela Nath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)