Letting Thing Flow.
I'm sitting here,
seeing things flow
under the weeping willow.
I hear the birds up high
and dream that I
could fly so free.
I'm enjoying the sun,
beleiving I'm the only one
and drifting away in my thoughts.
The weeping willow keeps me safe
and hides me from the nosey people.
I have pen and paper
to just letting go
of all the strain in my life.
I'm sitting here seeing,
letting things pass me by.
I have no wish to get up and go
no doubt in this show
no wish to join the rat race
no will to at all.
No worries to make money,
no need to feed
the fat cats at all.
Just to sit
under the weeping willow
and let things flow.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Letting Thing Flow. by maria goodison )
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)