Let it be calm
Play a song for me
so I can enjoy dancing free.
Open the door so I can breathe
and make the bread to eat.
See the kids with their tiny feet
play happily in our street.
Sit and listen,
just don't say a word,
my hand in yours.
Give me a hug and hold me close,
so the cold does not get into this mind.
Let it be calm,
don't make a place
for the anger to feel at home.
Rock the baby, so it does not cry,
feed the cat, so he curls up and sleeps.
Tell the mother-in-law
not to come round
that we do not need her today
for my love, I think today
should just be ours.
maria goodison's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Let it be calm by maria goodison )
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate