This life that god gave us to live is gift we shouldn't take, but give.
With this time we got to live on earth we should take a moment to think, why did we get the chance of birth?
Was it to spend all our time in shame, or are we born to live in fame?
Is this life some sort of game, where scores reset and trying your best is how to win?
So many questions there are to ask, but were all of them for us to know?
If this life is some sort of game, you're my target, you're my aim.
If all my wishes don't come true, atleast i tried and so shall you.
If we in the end were never ment to be, you're my friend, and i guess that is good enough for me.
I want you to know that, whatever mood, whatever weather, my arms will never fold together.
I always want you to know that i'll be there for you in the end, as a lover or as a friend.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Life by Richard Tomlinson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(c. 600 BCE)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Chocolate, Akhtar Jawad
- Lost child in my own home, Hudhaifah Siyad
- scale, Nisha K. Janine
- Truth stands, gajanan mishra
- If only it were from me my Love, Hudhaifah Siyad
- Neither Hindugiri Nor Christiangiri Nor .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Unbound, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- The Mask We Wear, Is It Poetry
- Purified man, gajanan mishra
- Questioning Deity?, Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR