I hear your crisp tears
Clambering up the throat cliff
While you are eating.
Why you are so queer,
Why you like to disappear,
Why you always fling yourself to
Be gone with the warm empty air?
I think you could pick up
All your dewy eyes
Then tell me some words,
Really who you are
It fairly puzzles.
A throbbing weeping night,
An umbrella you hold in hand tight,
Where you want to flee?
Or where you hunt to hide?
Catching the swimming tangle of steps,
I find you quivering abstract
In a mossy dripping corner.
Worried stuffs me with a numb anger.
'Could you let me know
If next time you want to wander? '
Your face turns pale
Rains glue the eyes
Hands sweaty fingers unquiet
Blue lips blankly rhyme.
Maybe you are a little deer
That not very polite,
Maybe heavy cheers hang rarely
On your creamy cheeks.
You throw your secret high
Where no one can spy,
But show me a photo
Under the sleepy stony night.
The crawling colour on it is your mother,
White grace wrapped her
Breeze embraced a mild laughter.
Ebony hairs flying with the fragrant Spring,
Ivory hands freely combing the pregnant Green.
Hand in hand.
It's a wordless night,
I meet many wordless eyes.
However at last I know,
Why you run so fast
As an arrow
Into the knitting broken rain,
Why your suspension points of wheaty smile
Were heaped up
On the firmly biting keen.
A murderer of the motherless nightmare
A prisoner of the nevermore lilac smell.
Silence is a big brassy chain
Banging the pebbles under foot
Again and again.
Wang Qian's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lilac Mother by Wang Qian )
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns