Don't be sad
Your magic carpet leaves tonight.
Some supernova out of sight
Blew its mind.
And left a sparkling stage
For fantasies brand new.
Where all lost birds
Of paradise flew.
Please be bad
I need to meet you
When you light
So join me
In our stellar cruise.
And we'll burn in passion
Across the skies.
Start a fashion
All ecstasy and pain.
Our wild imaginings
Will colour the mundane.
Drink with me
To dance on the waves
Of a moonstruck sea.
Or in candlelit caves
Where our treasures could be.
Let your hair
Catch the breeze.
To bring all beauty
To its knees.
A scent of Heaven.
A sun kissed kite.
Oh, fly with me
My Lily white.
Kevin East's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lily White by Kevin East )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Price, Nassy Fesharaki
- Fuck You, Michael Webb
- The marvelous designer., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Stories We Tell Ourselves, Michael Mira
- The catastrophe., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Peace One Day, Lyn Paul
- 'THE INFANT'S WAIL', Princewill Umunnakwe
- daggers of bayonets, pittbull pittman
- The Flow of Destiny, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude to parents, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.