Little Blue Boy
I'm walking back from where I've been,
I hear that same old sound again.
I see him stare a'way up high,
I say, 'Little Blue Boy, why do you cry? '
He turns his head and looks at me.
I see his face from across the way.
Tears on a face like that shouldn't be.
His eyes shut tight, and I hear him say,
'Why is the big sky blu?
The deep ocean is blue, why?
Now, I am blue, too.
Because the sky is blue, I cry.'
I could almost sing the same sad tune,
But that would not help the Little Blue Boy.
I do know that he will feel better soon,
But I will try to make him feel joy.
'It is okay the sky is blue.
Boy, everything will be alright.
I do know somebody loves you,
I hear their voice cry to the night.'
'Scurvy One, tell me, are you sure?
I feel something is very wrong.'
New tears fall in my eyes, he was only a blur,
But he ran to me, and we sang a new song.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Blue Boy by Stephen Carey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- When Sin Could Never Be xx xxx xx Orir.., Lee Mack
- Tab Yaad Tumhari Aati Hai, Mithilesh Dixit
- Out Of The Light, Michael McParland
- Failure, Michael McParland
- Flat, Michael McParland
- macaroni cheese, lee fones
- Flowing Red River, Michael McParland
- Forgotten Future, Michael McParland
- Respect Demanded In Spades, Terence G. Craddock
- Drifting Hell, Michael McParland