In the season of spring,
The trees are most beautiful:
The leaves are but buds
Of a bright pink and white.
Their beauty touches their surroundings,
And everything appears brighter.
They have naught but to grow:
Bigger and stronger and more dazzling
The leaves of spring will become.
When the time is summer,
The leaves of the trees
Are the best they shall be:
They have blossomed and grown
And greened greener then green.
The leaves so green, so joyous,
They will lend you a shade from the sun.
They have known two seasons,
These green leaves of summer.
When fall is the season,
The leaves color the scene.
More colorful than ever,
The autumn leaves float
Down to the ground.
The autumn leaves,
They fly all around.
The color is fuller.
The leaves that fall, the autumn leaves.
When winter comes,
It's the end for the leaves.
The winter, so cold,
Means the end of their beauty.
The winter is so cold,
The leaves are gone
Until they meet each other
In the next start of the seasons.
These leaves are no leaves,
The leaves of the winter.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Leaves by Stephen Carey )
- A Free Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dissolved, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Go boothward young doves, moez meftah
- To Someone Special On Poemhunter, Electric Lady
- Thank You: from a dear friend, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)