I hate my life.
I want it to stop.
I want it to end.
I want to move on,
But I can't.
I never understood
The beating of the heart.
I never thought I would,
Until my drum did start.
I want you, I do.
Love strikes like a dart.
I want you, it's true,
But something keeps us apart.
I just wanted you to know
My love for you is like new-fallen snow.
Yes, we were hot as Earth's core,
But my love for you can be no more.
IIt's the end of the world,
It's coming is nigh.
My life has hurled,
And I can't help but cry.
And now I wish
That you were here,
With me in your arms,
You holding me near.
I even long
Your face to kiss,
For that would be
The purest bliss.
Through all life's lies,
Past all my cries,
In this hole where I lay,
This will be my dying day.
Or I could live like this forever,
Hoping, praying, wishing and writing.
And now at last,
As tears come to the eye,
I have realized
It's time to say goodbye.
Stephen Carey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Sweet Sorrow by Stephen Carey )
- Not good, gajanan mishra
- Trials And Tribulations, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Friends, you are here, gajanan mishra
- Thoughts of Unknowing Ness (Complex Poet.., Marieta Maglas
- A Carpet On The Ground, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Regrets, hannah wilbert
- Zones Of Pleasure, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Real friend, gajanan mishra
- Looking out his window, hannah wilbert
- Is Suicide The Answer?, louis rams
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)