Little faced one with black poppy eyes,
Glared by the red candies I hold.
You like the ones that are iced, I know.
The frills of your frock are dainty,
Like the round ringlet locks.
You look gleeful my little child
You smell of fragrant powder dust
I can’t wait to cuddle you on my chest
As you seek to feel it flutter
My lashes touch your cheeks
You blush as you see me cuddle you
My most awaited moment when day breaks
Is to see the sun shine in your tiny eyes
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Little Child by Crystal Star )
- Sealed With an X, Robert Kane
- In Dismay, Edward Kofi Louis
- We Need The Truth, Edward Kofi Louis
- To Praise You, Edward Kofi Louis
- A gift of God, ABHIPSA TRIPATHY
- As One Breathes The Air, Edward Kofi Louis
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan