Written by: Amanda Swindahl
Little girl with dark hair, and freckles.
Little girl, I wont forget her.
Little girl so brave.
In my heart you are engraved,
these memories ill take to the grave.
Little girl was always there.
Little girl just down the street,
Little girl moved away,
I watched the moving van roll down your driveway,
I turned back around to chase you,
Little girl I missed you,
Little girl it hurt so much.
Little girl I cried tears that fell like broken glass,
Where were you, I needed you.
Little girl, my best friend.
Little girl, not so little anymore,
Little girl grew up so pretty,
Little girl, always looked up to her,
Little girl you were always my hero.
Always strong when I was weak,
It was all my secrets that you would keep,
The good times that made us laugh until our knees became weak.
Little girl, we are not so little anymore.
Little girl, your laughter still fills the air.
Little girl shadows dance in the backyard,
Sled marks down your driveway,
Sometimes I see your ghost in my memory,
I stop and stare and hope you'll appear.
Little girl the swings sway the way we used to play.
Little girl, no matter where you go, no matter where life takes us,
Just take these words, take these memories.
Without you they become so haunting.
Little girl, you will always be my best friend.
The girl that grew up, forever my hero.
Amanda Swindahl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Girl by Amanda Swindahl )
- The God gives, hasmukh amathalal
- Small fishes, Melikhaya Zagagana
- When you're old, JJ Evendon
- The story of the soap, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Identification of a Rat by Act, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Walk, Steve Kittell
- Love Is, Deborah Kelley
- GOD, Joseph Ogbonna
- Dragonfly, Deborah Kelley
- The Daughter of the Earth - 18, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- The Bush, My Lover, William Henry Ogilvie
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)