Written by: Amanda Swindahl
Little girl with dark hair, and freckles.
Little girl, I wont forget her.
Little girl so brave.
In my heart you are engraved,
these memories ill take to the grave.
Little girl was always there.
Little girl just down the street,
Little girl moved away,
I watched the moving van roll down your driveway,
I turned back around to chase you,
Little girl I missed you,
Little girl it hurt so much.
Little girl I cried tears that fell like broken glass,
Where were you, I needed you.
Little girl, my best friend.
Little girl, not so little anymore,
Little girl grew up so pretty,
Little girl, always looked up to her,
Little girl you were always my hero.
Always strong when I was weak,
It was all my secrets that you would keep,
The good times that made us laugh until our knees became weak.
Little girl, we are not so little anymore.
Little girl, your laughter still fills the air.
Little girl shadows dance in the backyard,
Sled marks down your driveway,
Sometimes I see your ghost in my memory,
I stop and stare and hope you'll appear.
Little girl the swings sway the way we used to play.
Little girl, no matter where you go, no matter where life takes us,
Just take these words, take these memories.
Without you they become so haunting.
Little girl, you will always be my best friend.
The girl that grew up, forever my hero.
Amanda Swindahl's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Little Girl by Amanda Swindahl )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
James Weldon Johnson
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Visit from St. Nicholas, Clement Clarke Moore
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- If It Matters @ All 2 You, aka Poetess
- Decision, Michelle Dragonfly
- Plural Happiness, David Rivard
- Wild Love, Courage Ghandih
- To The Dead, Leong Ming Loong
- I am here and still, gajanan mishra
- chickens in the yard eating craklin brea.., Bull Hawking
- Reign of Fire, Bhaskar Rabha
- I've got a mind full of you, Bull Hawking
- Culp's Hill, John F. McCullagh