Loneliness Is A Disease
Loneliness Is a Disease, It Kills.
Slowly Brewing Like The Beer That's Now Half Empty In Your Glass.
You Look Down On It With Disappointment.
Like You Expected More but You Knew From The Start This Is What It Always Boils Down To.
The Cigarettes Were Just a Social Catalyst, Conversation Starter Like 'Hey Do You Have A Light' And Then Soon Enough a Stress Reliever An Excuse The Habit That Seems To Make It All Disappear. The Cool Act a Facade Behind A Smoke Silhouette.
When The Room Begins To Empty Out, People Leave The Party One By One. Who Would Have Known That Space In Your World Can Make You Empty.
Broken Pieces Of Hearts Gathered, Still Don't Piece Together. Like Us In This Room All A Bunch Of Misfits We Take Pride In Our Differences Now And Even When We've Found Common Ground. Knowing Other People Are Lonely Too Can't Cure Us, Maybe This Party Life Is Just Not For Us.
When The Crowd Disperse, The Ground Breaks and Yet Again... Loneliness The Curse. So It Does Resurface Come Up Yet Again and My Well Being, Being Discussed In Conversations Like 'How Are You Doing' Whether I'm Taking Care Of Myself, Inquiries About My Health.
I Can't Expect You To Understand When I Don't, How Can I Change Your Mind About Me When I Won't. The Love We Seek, The Love We Don't Wish To Keep.
There Is No Real Conclusion To This, It Continues and Doesn't End a Cycle. I'm a Loner Who'll Still Be Alone Even When I Have Friends
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loneliness Is A Disease by Zolani Nkomo )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Kazi Nazrul Islam
(24 May 1899 - 29 August 1976)
(1330 - 1390)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Moonlit Night, Tu Fu
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Do Not Love You Except Because I Love .., Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Nested above the lavenders, maryline vautravers
- A Semester Night, Muhammad Sarim Ashrafi
- Lonely all the time, Kelly Shanks
- A New Year Prayer of Blessings, Paul Sebastian
- Haiku 10 (A Flower Stands), Paul Sebastian
- Life Goes Clockwise, But..., Richard Blay
- Face the Wind, Paul Sebastian
- The three happy men are in the world, no.., Yuri Starostin
- Far away stare, Cee Bea
- N.D.F.B. Lai katna jau, Pankazz koirala Upadhayaya