Mark R Slaughter
Lonely you, lonely I,
Lonely together; here we lie.
Lonely me, lonely you,
Lonely in love, O! what to do?
Lonely us, lonely we,
Lonely alike, just you and me:
Life mundane makes
Lonely souls to cry in pain.
At least this mirror helps my plea -
Some lonely cheer in what I see -
To share my pain to some degree:
Another lonely I with me.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely We by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Memories, Sunny Chopra
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -57, Ronjoy Brahma
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -56, Ronjoy Brahma
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra