Mark R Slaughter
Lonely you, lonely I,
Lonely together; here we lie.
Lonely me, lonely you,
Lonely in love, O! what to do?
Lonely us, lonely we,
Lonely alike, just you and me:
Life mundane makes
Lonely souls to cry in pain.
At least this mirror helps my plea -
Some lonely cheer in what I see -
To share my pain to some degree:
Another lonely I with me.
Copyright © Mark R Slaughter 2009
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lonely We by Mark R Slaughter )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Finally We Learn Nine 71, Anne Tardos
- The Thing Nine 70, Anne Tardos
- The Right Tone Nine 69, Anne Tardos
- Why I write it?, Cigeng Zhang
- Over golden page, hasmukh amathalal
- The Pedlar, Ruth Manning-Sanders
- Everything Nine 68, Anne Tardos
- Don't Blame Me Nine 67, Anne Tardos
- My Love Is Strong Nine 66, Anne Tardos
- Lacan Says Nine 64, Anne Tardos