Long Strange Trip
The flower children gone to seed
Bake brownies for the PTA
And give to liberals in need.
Their ponytails display some gray
And nothing tie-dyed ever fits
Despite the tofu and sorbet.
Now they are mocked as "hippie-crits"
By free-range children who refuse
To heed their parents' tired views
On love and peace and endless summer.
What a bummer.
AM Juster's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Long Strange Trip by AM Juster )
- In tiny heart.., Md. Asadullah
- The Companionable Ills, Sylvia Plath
- The Glutton, Sylvia Plath
- The Sleepers, Sylvia Plath
- Departure, Sylvia Plath
- The Beast, Sylvia Plath
- Somewhere in the Streets of Amsterdam, John Siregar
- God's Kind of Poetry: My Well of Wellness, tolu ogundare
- Locution, location!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Scotland: My Love Renewed, Paul Gerard Reed
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)