RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Looking through the eyes of a child, watching the wrinkles
of life take over faces of love.
Settling back, feeling so tiny, rocking in an antique chair,
seeing the world in a special sphere, wondering what lies
in store in future years.
There are so many tranquil hours sitting under the grape
vines, eating grapes - seeds and all!
Enjoying moments of recall, wishing to go back in time and
relive it all over again, expecting everything to be the
Gathering together family members, all sitting under the
vines of life, speaking fervent Italian.
Passionate, using their entire bodies to make a point or
argue a position.
Italian, flowing as a small child, sitting in a rocking
chair wondering at how quickly it all passed.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking Back by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Investing In Banks Or Companies Beware, Terence G. Craddock
- putin and napoleon, co the skipper
- Poet And Poem, Ruma Chaudhuri
- My Dream, Kripa Bhardwaj
- Under the Tamaring Tree (St. Patrick's A.., Leonard Dabydeen
- Prime Truth - 83, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Prime Truth - 82, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Directors Are Cap Off Scot-Free, Terence G. Craddock
- Prime Truth - 81, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Relation is by woman, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.