Looking Not Seeing
Under the sky where the river goes by,
sits an old woman asking why?
Under the bus station
sleeps a homeless boy always asking why?
Under the wind trying to keep warm
is a man not knowing why?
Under the farm with her hands bleed dry,
is a woman who does not ask why.
She understands the work that needs to be done
and is humble for the way her life has become.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Looking Not Seeing by maria goodison )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Affinity with truth for all times, gajanan mishra
- Affinity with truth, gajanan mishra
- To the dodo, Hrishikesh Bharadwaj
- what are you for me, Lalit Kaira
- The elephant in the refrigerator, Diana Rosser
- Hilton at Milton,, lee fones
- In a time without time!, Adriana Istrefi
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Five), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- In Praise of Nobility (Twenty-Four), Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu
- Truth Lies - Kids Stuff -how2builddefenc.., sEaN nOrTh