Lord Shiva as Ardhanareeswara
Lord Shiva is a Hindu deity
Meaning the one who is Auspicious
He is the Supreme God personality
Who to all is propitious.
Shiva’s divine consort is Shakthi
She occupies the left half of Shiva’s body
Shiva and Shakthi are Matter and Energy
In the form of Ardhanareeswara they are in one body.
One cannot separate Sun and Sun-light
So are Shiva and Shakthi inseparable
One cannot separate Moon and Moon-llight
So are they- Two in One-very stable.
Shiva is in the form Masculine
He is ever static
Shakthi is in the form Feminine
She is ever dynamic.
This hermaphrodite form of Lord Shiva
Vertically, as half Male and half Female
Exists in the town Thiruchengodu, South India
Specified as Ardhanareeswara, is the tell-tale.
It is held that all men
Were derived from Shiva –part
And it is held that women
Were derived from Shakthi—part.
Shiva is the transcendant
Masculine aspect providing ground divine
Shakthi is the transcendant
Feminine aspect providing her womb for life-line.
This is to portray specifically
That Shiva and Shakthi are one and the same
Man and Woman are born equally
That is the secret of the frame!
chandra thiagarajan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Naree means Lady
Eswara means Shiva
Comments about this poem (Lord Shiva as Ardhanareeswara by chandra thiagarajan )
- आथिखाल, Ronjoy Brahma
- Life is Nothing but Texture~, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- How Is Your Life In The Matrix?, Mr. Nobody Nothing
- That bench is my dear., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 March 1926 – 25 July 1966)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)