You were once a part of me.
You were once my other half.
We'd do everything together.
We'd know everything of each other.
Like soul mates on Earth,
We were inseparable.
You were the blanket I'd snuggle in.
You were the ocean I'd swim in.
You were the notebook I'd scribble on.
You were the canvas I'd paint on.
You were the mirror I'd reflect in.
You were the tree I'd shelter in.
Then suddenly what happened?
How did all instantly change?
Spirits were deflated.
Emotions were capsized.
Within a breeze the weather blackened.
Within a flash the picture snapped.
The blanket lost its warmth.
The ocean became Tsunami.
The notebook ran out of pages.
The canvas lost its colors.
The mirror shattered to glass.
The tree was deforested.
Nature destroyed our ring of unity, &
The winds robbed away my reasons to smile.
My wingless being sunk to harsh realities, &
Alas, I experienced bereavement.
Yes, with me you will no longer be present.
I was beginning to accept this sad fact.
Thus came the final rains,
Thus arrived the dusk of the long night.
Emotions were released.
Feelings were vented.
Appreciating your absence wasn't easy,
But Alas I selflessly wish, for your better path ahead.
Suraj Samtani's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Losing You by Suraj Samtani )
- sleep tight in Idaho tonight, Mandolyn ...
- Beauty of the world is ruined, Jerusha Melanie
- Clean and cleanliness, gajanan mishra
- Holding You Tight, Michael McParland
- I'm bored with it all., gulsher JOHN
- A Rich Man, S.R. Riang
- the natural disaster.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Desert Country Ways, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The Way To Balance In Life, Margaret Moran
- Choosing Directions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)