Loss Of A Child
The loss of a child no matter what age
Doesn't seem to ease the pain.
Whether it be one day or a lifetime of memories
In your heart they'll always be.
How do you stop a parent from feeling the pain
Their life has changed and will never be the same.
Their child s face will always stay in their mind
Remembering of things and times gone by.
The emptiness that you feel in your heart
Is a feeling that will never part.
It's as if a finger or a hand has been taken away
And you try to adjust and can't find the way.
It's like one minute you can see and the next
Minute you've gone blind, and there is
Nothing that you can find.
You wander helplessly in a deep fog
Not knowing where you're going
Or where you've been, and your
screaming and cursing is a downright sin.
God had plans for your child you see
And this is the way that it has to be.
Your child was chosen because there
Is a job that must be done
And god felt he/ she was the perfect one.
The pains you feel while here on earth
Is nothing compared to when you see
Your child s new birth.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loss Of A Child by louis rams )
- PARTNERS IN CRIME, Terry Collett
- Palace of death - this body, gajanan mishra
- Twelve Step Heaven, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Hardcastle Crags, Sylvia Plath
- Burning The Letters, Sylvia Plath
- On Edge at Midnight, Kimani wa Mumbi
- Why do we need friends, Bineeta Kharga
- My Body ain't a Lab, it's a Temple. Wors.., Kimani wa Mumbi
- Black Pine Tree In An Orange Light, Sylvia Plath
- treasure and love, sultan mahmud
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- At Last She Comes, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan