Loss Of A Child
The loss of a child no matter what age
Doesn't seem to ease the pain.
Whether it be one day or a lifetime of memories
In your heart they'll always be.
How do you stop a parent from feeling the pain
Their life has changed and will never be the same.
Their child s face will always stay in their mind
Remembering of things and times gone by.
The emptiness that you feel in your heart
Is a feeling that will never part.
It's as if a finger or a hand has been taken away
And you try to adjust and can't find the way.
It's like one minute you can see and the next
Minute you've gone blind, and there is
Nothing that you can find.
You wander helplessly in a deep fog
Not knowing where you're going
Or where you've been, and your
screaming and cursing is a downright sin.
God had plans for your child you see
And this is the way that it has to be.
Your child was chosen because there
Is a job that must be done
And god felt he/ she was the perfect one.
The pains you feel while here on earth
Is nothing compared to when you see
Your child s new birth.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Loss Of A Child by louis rams )
- Patience & Acceptance, Tom Zart
- I am a stream, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- THE WIDOW, john chizoba vincent
- They Are The Bamiyan Buddhas, You Fire N.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Mundamala Kali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- LETTER TO A MOTHER 2, john chizoba vincent
- The Festival of Lights, Deepawali, Bijay Kant Dubey
- To Loving Partha Sarothi -A Token Of Love., Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Picking At Sores, Kyle Schlicher
- Crazy, Dipankar Sadhukhan
Poem of the Day
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Heather Burns