Lost In Darkness
I'm lost in darkness can't find my way out,
I claw at the walls as I shout,
the walls are thick, to thick to see,
the walls are an infliction of the inner me.
Its cold, damp, and dark,
I think I've lost my inner spark,
I'm going hungry, I'm growing weary,
this place in my head, yea it's a bit scary.
I look and look but no light can be found,
I look and look and but one else is around,
I'm lost in the darkness, I'm lost in life,
I'm so lost in darkness I'm lost in strife.
lost in the darkness for ever more,
lost with myself, think it's time to settle the score,
I found something as I was feeling my way,
found my gun and The Darkness ends toady.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Lost In Darkness by DAVID werts )
- Left Naked And Exposed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Birth day, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- TWILIGHT, Meggie Gultiano
- Morning prayers., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Favorite Quote, Nautica Moxley
- Building Bricks, Jude Ogunade
- A Hydro Odyssey, Patrick Czyz
- Salvation, Earth And Sadness, Tony Adah
- Perspective, Patrick Czyz
- flesh to flesh, jaquesha webb
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)