Love At First Sight
'Love-struck' a word i heard
First time when i was in third
Wondered how it would feel
Was sure i would never kneel
Saw her the first time that day
Lost my heart and lost my say
The world around me froze
Filled with the fragrance of a rose
Mumbled there beside my friend
I would love her till the very end
He smiled and pat my back
Told me that i m a crack
What enigma is this? ? ?
Wondered my mind
I had never felt this way
Is this the reason why people pray? ? ?
Stood there gazing wide.
Wish i cud take her on a ride.
With her by my side.
I would conquer world in a slide.
I was on cloud nine
Everything seemed so fine
Like there was nothing to whine
Everything seemed to shine
What was happening to me? ? ?
Had I found my heart key? ? ?
My mind filled with thoughts
Lost in her hair knots
I had found the one
Who would love me like none
Gathered my strengths the next day
I knew exactly what i had to say
Was sure i would take her heart away
Thought of approaching her alone
No more will I be so lone
In this world of utter chaos
I thought I found a rose
I told her everything in sheer
My hands were trembling with fear
But she smiled and told me something
It felt to me as though she was singing
Then she brought her hand forward
Told me 'Let's just be friends'
I had just reached Dead Ends
A thousand dreams shattered
Insides of me Fluttered
I just couldn't say anything
I managed to mumble'Well, It's something'.
Sometimes things don't go right
Even though it's love at first sight
It Seems someone wanted me to be alone
Coz I ended up in the Friend-Zone
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love At First Sight by Jishnu Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- S.O. S., Sandra Feldman
- Something is in the house, Sarah Liz Bowman
- Tragedy and Comedy, Eugene Levich
- Bound to thaw, george albot
- Not Obligated To Offer Options, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A taste of love, JJ Evendon
- Greeting Cards, Sara Fielder
- The Lorry From The North, Tony Adah
- Father's Admonition, Tony Adah
- Those who lose, Luv Artem