Love At First Sight
'Love-struck' a word i heard
First time when i was in third
Wondered how it would feel
Was sure i would never kneel
Saw her the first time that day
Lost my heart and lost my say
The world around me froze
Filled with the fragrance of a rose
Mumbled there beside my friend
I would love her till the very end
He smiled and pat my back
Told me that i m a crack
What enigma is this? ? ?
Wondered my mind
I had never felt this way
Is this the reason why people pray? ? ?
Stood there gazing wide.
Wish i cud take her on a ride.
With her by my side.
I would conquer world in a slide.
I was on cloud nine
Everything seemed so fine
Like there was nothing to whine
Everything seemed to shine
What was happening to me? ? ?
Had I found my heart key? ? ?
My mind filled with thoughts
Lost in her hair knots
I had found the one
Who would love me like none
Gathered my strengths the next day
I knew exactly what i had to say
Was sure i would take her heart away
Thought of approaching her alone
No more will I be so lone
In this world of utter chaos
I thought I found a rose
I told her everything in sheer
My hands were trembling with fear
But she smiled and told me something
It felt to me as though she was singing
Then she brought her hand forward
Told me 'Let's just be friends'
I had just reached Dead Ends
A thousand dreams shattered
Insides of me Fluttered
I just couldn't say anything
I managed to mumble'Well, It's something'.
Sometimes things don't go right
Even though it's love at first sight
It Seems someone wanted me to be alone
Coz I ended up in the Friend-Zone
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love At First Sight by Jishnu Nair )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(01 January 1950)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Insomnia', Merton Lee
- A language, a race, gajanan mishra
- Reality And Unimagination..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Smile, hafiz qasim
- Soldiers' Living Tomb, Ima Ryma
- Winter In The Wind, Tony Adah
- Barren Moon, Esther Ukeh
- Unrest Soul: Churches After Christ Death, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Weak in Nature, hafiz qasim
- It's Not About Science, Just Satellites..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR