LOVE FROM A TO Z
Love from A to Z:
The gentle dispersion of atoms
Of a body alone.
This autumn moment of complete perfect sadness
Radiation in the heart
Bringing to the eye
The world instantly entire,
Oh so lovely circling
Brave sun gilded orb
Provocative and sad
A moment, a dot
To be loved utterly
By the lover who remembers
But no longer knows fear.
So the huge restless roar of the torrential wind
Brings suddenly, fancifully
Waves of soft snow.
-Douglas Penick 10/23/85
Douglas Penick's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I found this in an old binder of Joshua Zim's poetry and letters that I am looking after. _
FROM Douglas Penick:
I wrote this at the conclusion of the Four Karmas fire puja which the Vidyadhara led and which corresponded with the time of Joshua's death.
I had almost forgotten it.
Comments about this poem (LOVE FROM A TO Z by Douglas Penick )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- do you love this?, Mandolyn Davidson
- Verbal Abuse Of Controlling People, Lilly Emery
- Into the rain, Tom Squires
- Come, Come... ~~~Rumi, LUVinThe NOW
- missing the exit, Mandolyn Davidson
- Retirement, Ruth Walters
- Abs to Heart, Lonnie Hicks
- Better New Days, Rinji Kwarkas
- When KKK is Gay, Jack Abootydallah
- Oak Tree where The Black Birds Sleep, Lilly Emery