Love has its damage
Love has its damage
Like a car fender—gets bent.
And, headlights blink!
And disagree which is the way
Love is a road of new dawns
And midnight folks—
(A handful of spades
instead of hearts)
Love is a knight defending,
And, then the next—
Love is just a name calling—odyssey.
Questioning, should I take
This other opportunity…?
Love has its luck… A hope
Worth, every, lightning-bolt
Every cloud the world
Keeps on sending…
'Love, love, love has too—
Find some way of surviving'.
Love is a boil
You're afraid to lance or break!
Because it's hurt—tells you,
It loves you!
And this, this, isn't the time
To use the cowl or dagger
Or join that lonely sisterhood…
As long as love still warms
You're coagulating blood.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love has its damage by Mark Heathcote )
Did you read them?
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Remaining In The Shadows, brandy taffner
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
- tO Watch? 'The Maze Runner' 2014 online .., canadi arese
- Piece of peace, george albot
- THE POEM FROM HINTERLAND, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- An Elixir, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- FRee! ! Barcelona vs Ajax Live. Streamin.., miami dupli
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)