Love has its damage
Love has its damage
Like a car fender—gets bent.
And, headlights blink!
And disagree which is the way
Love is a road of new dawns
And midnight folks—
(A handful of spades
instead of hearts)
Love is a knight defending,
And, then the next—
Love is just a name calling—odyssey.
Questioning, should I take
This other opportunity…?
Love has its luck… A hope
Worth, every, lightning-bolt
Every cloud the world
Keeps on sending…
'Love, love, love has too—
Find some way of surviving'.
Love is a boil
You're afraid to lance or break!
Because it's hurt—tells you,
It loves you!
And this, this, isn't the time
To use the cowl or dagger
Or join that lonely sisterhood…
As long as love still warms
You're coagulating blood.
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love has its damage by Mark Heathcote )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Where The Mind Is Without Fear, Rabindranath Tagore
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- কবিতাপল্লি, Hanzala Han
- Other Guys, Amber Carr
- I've Got Time, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Vultures Meal, Tiger Auntunette
- Nothing can break the focus., Sumita Jetley
- Ever So Cute, riya misi
- Unlock From Sockets, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- PRAY OUT YOUR PAST, Michael P. Johnson
- Christmas, Titiksa Dugar
- alphabet you two bucks you drive a truck, Mandolyn ...