Reyvrex Questor Reyes
Love Sonnet 179: 'When sages say that dusk of skies so red, '
When sages say that dusk of skies so red,
Predicts a pleasant, sunny day after,
Did it mean, no rain, none of tears to shed,
Even when hearts that grieve and bleed suffer?
And strange how color red figures in gloom:
Red is rose that hides stinging wasps or thorns,
Red lips have brought my sanity to doom,
Red eyes are always seen on one who mourns;
Red was dress that my lady wore to dance,
Red was wine that made us forget the time,
Red was her face, when we gave love to chance,
Red was the light when not stopping is crime;
.......But then, sages are deemed right all along,
.......My umbrage is for times they could be wrong.
Reyvrex Questor Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Sonnet 179: 'When sages say that dusk of skies so red, ' by Reyvrex Questor Reyes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
Poem of the Day
- The ascent of peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- no one's favorite..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- आज आंसू बहाओ - Suffering, yashovardhan kulkarni
- I loved you more than enough.., Rene Perera
- The victory of peace and truth., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Festival for unity(Republic -Day Celebra.., Aftab Alam
- Love Note 5, Michael P. McParland
- Attempts for peace., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- THE GREAT UNKNOWN - Determined the world, sEaN nOrTh
- A Small Rest 2, Michael P. McParland