Reyvrex Questor Reyes
Love Sonnet 179: 'When sages say that dusk of skies so red, '
When sages say that dusk of skies so red,
Predicts a pleasant, sunny day after,
Did it mean, no rain, none of tears to shed,
Even when hearts that grieve and bleed suffer?
And strange how color red figures in gloom:
Red is rose that hides stinging wasps or thorns,
Red lips have brought my sanity to doom,
Red eyes are always seen on one who mourns;
Red was dress that my lady wore to dance,
Red was wine that made us forget the time,
Red was her face, when we gave love to chance,
Red was the light when not stopping is crime;
.......But then, sages are deemed right all along,
.......My umbrage is for times they could be wrong.
Reyvrex Questor Reyes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Love Sonnet 179: 'When sages say that dusk of skies so red, ' by Reyvrex Questor Reyes )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- last day, Ewa Busayourmi
- Some soft feelings, Lalitha Narayanan
- Bonfire, Naveed Khalid
- A Friend's Promise, diana rose tolentino
- A poem-letter to my friends..., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- In the summer..., Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- Melbs, David McLean Mathews
- At Somnolence's Border, Cyndi K. Encinares Gacosta
- naam, anikesh wats
- show me how a comet showers, Mandolyn ...