A principal got a call from her superior
We will post a teacher to your school as you proposed
But he is a non
Do you think it is okay?
That is a common practice
One can be rejected at a state school
By the 'big family' of the school: teachers and staff
And sometimes by the manipulated parents of the students
Simply because of his or her religion
This is a society of majority-basis
A rejection or an acceptance is 'legitimate'
If the majority speak
The leaders must be muslims
If the majority are muslims
The authorities and most civil servants do not comprehend
That state schools do not belong to a certain community
They are also built with the tax from nons
And who knows?
Perhaps they contribute the most although they are minority
(Indonesia,26th September 2013)
Nur Meiyati's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Majority Basis by Nur Meiyati )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Concrete Fill, Prasad Natarajan
- Sonnet # 512, Luis Estable
- In born, hasmukh amathalal
- Sonnet # 511, Luis Estable
- Point for struggle, hasmukh amathalal
- Good lien, hasmukh amathalal
- Darkness Surrounds, Shalom Freedman
- Sonnet # 510, Luis Estable
- Paryusana…festival on card, hasmukh amathalal
- A Kind Exit, Mae AC.