Windsor Guadalupe Jr
I know nothing of this place,
I vaguely have a clue about
The city buoys,
And the places to go to,
But if you want to,
That’s fine with me.
I’ve not any time,
And it is past 10: 19 in the evening
Where you found me,
And I found you
Underneath the bustling Sun.
Does the Sun shine
That intense in Manhattan?
Is Manhattan a place,
Or a state of mind?
I don’t know.
It rained so hard last night,
And I thought,
Did it rain in Manhattan too?
The shadows drowned
Underneath the stationary puddles
Of tainted blackwater and I thought,
Do the shadows drown
In a Manhattanesque soliloquy?
You want a dining table
Underneath the Manhattan scenery.
I wanted to tell you,
“We’re still under the same stars,
And you wouldn’t listen.
The azure craned its head
To tell you to listen to me,
But you never did
And I was led into your intoxication.
You slid unto your Manhattan daydreams.
What if we arrive at Manhattan
Where the snow is different?
Where the currents are timid
And the people are tepid?
Would you moor yourself to me,
Just like the people in this world do?
When we cross the street,
Would you talk about
How I look under the Manhattan moon,
And not talk about Manhattan itself?
Don’t tell me.
Be the agile, cunning muse that you are.
And what if,
The winters last too long in Manhattan?
And what if the summers
What if I shivered with the stars at night
And yield their distances?
Would you leave me
Underneath the Manhattan moon,
Amid the Manhattan winter warfare
And explore the city
Windsor Guadalupe Jr's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Manhattan by Windsor Guadalupe Jr )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(c. 600 BCE)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Death Be Not Proud, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- ~I Choose the Mountain~, howard simon
- The Late Gift, Martin Swords
- Mother To Son, Mankhokwe Namusanya
Poem of the Day
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan