Lawrence S. Pertillar
Margin Of Error
Impossible it is to have zero defects,
In an ongoing business relationship...
When an attachment to spats and tit for tats,
Escalated screaming matches do not end,
With a forgiveness easily given.
And allowing a margin of error to widen,
In which obvious disrespect...
Becomes an open battle shown in public,
That is addressed between two that exists...
So difficult it is to continue to accept this!
And then pretentions enter in.
Introductions of rumors gossiped,
Has in fact exposed reality.
And without maturity expressed,
Dividends of happiness one expects to get...
Is not worth the prospects,
Of waiting with patience for positive change...
People who pay exorbitant fees,
For counseling are led to believe.
And the better it is for one's emotional survival,
To just walk away from an investment lost.
Than to pay the cost to sit behind bars confined,
With lots of time on one's mind trying to forget...
Being impulsive, selfish and impetuous.
'When I pushed him off the balcony,
It did not occur to me then...
How high we were.
And how low I allowed myself to stoop.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Margin Of Error by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- I Laid Down My Sword, Captain Cur
- Minds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Apelike Persistence, Richard Thripp
- Your body is water, Mark Heathcote
- Past Human Race Historical Track Record, Terence G. Craddock
- Universal Global Condemnation Not Voted, Terence G. Craddock
- That Every Word, Dasia Deas
- State Selected Target Enemies, Terence G. Craddock
- Barbaric Veneer Layered History Of This .., Terence G. Craddock
- An Unreal World, Sandra Feldman