Lawrence S. Pertillar
Margin Of Error
Impossible it is to have zero defects,
In an ongoing business relationship...
When an attachment to spats and tit for tats,
Escalated screaming matches do not end,
With a forgiveness easily given.
And allowing a margin of error to widen,
In which obvious disrespect...
Becomes an open battle shown in public,
That is addressed between two that exists...
So difficult it is to continue to accept this!
And then pretentions enter in.
Introductions of rumors gossiped,
Has in fact exposed reality.
And without maturity expressed,
Dividends of happiness one expects to get...
Is not worth the prospects,
Of waiting with patience for positive change...
People who pay exorbitant fees,
For counseling are led to believe.
And the better it is for one's emotional survival,
To just walk away from an investment lost.
Than to pay the cost to sit behind bars confined,
With lots of time on one's mind trying to forget...
Being impulsive, selfish and impetuous.
'When I pushed him off the balcony,
It did not occur to me then...
How high we were.
And how low I allowed myself to stoop.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Margin Of Error by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Peter S. Quinn
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Bull, Ralph Hodgson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Love, Sarah Flower Adams
Poem of the Day
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez
- Far Off, Sentamu Aziz
- Mill By The River, Stratis Havarti
- Take A Stand, Saiom Shriver
- Suckling, Saiom Shriver
- Reading Elizabeth Bishop's Poem 'Sestina', Merton Lee
- Sol, Steve Howard