Lawrence S. Pertillar
Margin Of Error
Impossible it is to have zero defects,
In an ongoing business relationship...
When an attachment to spats and tit for tats,
Escalated screaming matches do not end,
With a forgiveness easily given.
And allowing a margin of error to widen,
In which obvious disrespect...
Becomes an open battle shown in public,
That is addressed between two that exists...
So difficult it is to continue to accept this!
And then pretentions enter in.
Introductions of rumors gossiped,
Has in fact exposed reality.
And without maturity expressed,
Dividends of happiness one expects to get...
Is not worth the prospects,
Of waiting with patience for positive change...
People who pay exorbitant fees,
For counseling are led to believe.
And the better it is for one's emotional survival,
To just walk away from an investment lost.
Than to pay the cost to sit behind bars confined,
With lots of time on one's mind trying to forget...
Being impulsive, selfish and impetuous.
'When I pushed him off the balcony,
It did not occur to me then...
How high we were.
And how low I allowed myself to stoop.'
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Margin Of Error by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Matilda Who told Lies, and was Burned to.., Hilaire Belloc
- The song of a bird - a translation of a .., Ravikumar C.P.
Poem of the Day
- Love Note 9, Michael P. McParland
- Lamentation of the Weak, Abby Bilan
- Love so unkempt..., Kenneth Maswabi
- morning conversation, oskar hansen
- Rescued, Ima Ryma
- Temptation of Xuanwu Lake, Luo Zhihai
- Ghazal: In Silence, Mimi Khalvati
- Awaiting for March, Rimni chakravarty
- Of Snowdrape On Winterscape..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Made Electric By The Moon, Is It Poetry