Marks of a True Easter Man
Trying to foster
The real reason.
Time to repent?
Done that before
Change was absent
What was it for?
Notice the marks
Of the true Easter man,
He cannot look back
Facing God's direction,
He is not going back
From his crucifixion,
Nor return to the old
Rotten life oblivion.
He lost all his plans,
Someone did it for him,
When he nailed Self up there
That decision was firm.
So the true Easter man,
Is OWNED by the Savior
His new life is more than
Just Easter time labor.
'Theref ore, do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration, or a Sabbath Day.
These are a shadow of things to come, but the reality, however, is found in
Colossians 2: 16-17
Copyright Cynthia Buhain-Baello
Cynthia BuhainBaello's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Marks of a True Easter Man by Cynthia BuhainBaello )
- Elusive Is Zen, Tad Russell
- Analogy, Angela K Brown
- Anxiety, Angela K Brown
- Searching for Truth, Angela K Brown
- Lesbians, Angela K Brown
- Blood Runs Deep, Angela K Brown
- Innocence, Angela K Brown
- A Hole That Can't Be Filled, Jon Janson
- A Wilted Rose, Angela K Brown
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)