meaning of love
what does love mean?
To care for her, to live for her, to give up desire to please her,
Is that love, I wonder…..because I don’t know anymore. I thought that love meant those things and more.
But what if she thinks of the word differently, what I think of trust she think of dishonesty, what I think from been pure she think of overprotecting and not trustworthy. What if the only thing we like about each other is just US and nothing else?
Perhaps we were never meant to be with each other, it was just a simple physical attraction, maybe that is what it always has been, and now that love or care is no more there, when there is no trust there is no relationship no companionship, no more a reason to try to save it anymore, or possibly there is just one option to take, one more possibility to acknowledge.
To be friends, but the inconvenience of been friends is that the little thing that we feel for each other is always going to be there, never to be vanish, never to be gone.
Perhaps there should not be anything anymore.
Because to change for someone that will never change for you is a waste of time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (meaning of love by miguel palma )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(1644 - 1694)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Boy Who Laughed At Santa Claus, Ogden Nash
- The Eagle, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Poem-Spectator, Tushar Ray
- True Love Never Dies, lou parks
- Untitled VII, Sierra Staten
- The unblamenesses allay wounds, Pijush Biswas
- I Move, So I Am, Tanja Henderson
- Life Dances, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Looking Kyle In the Eyes, Kyle Schlicher
- Besten Dank für den Gruss, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Birthday poem, Wala' Qamhieh
- If you want to be my inspirer, Elius Rubby