meaning of love
what does love mean?
To care for her, to live for her, to give up desire to please her,
Is that love, I wonder…..because I don’t know anymore. I thought that love meant those things and more.
But what if she thinks of the word differently, what I think of trust she think of dishonesty, what I think from been pure she think of overprotecting and not trustworthy. What if the only thing we like about each other is just US and nothing else?
Perhaps we were never meant to be with each other, it was just a simple physical attraction, maybe that is what it always has been, and now that love or care is no more there, when there is no trust there is no relationship no companionship, no more a reason to try to save it anymore, or possibly there is just one option to take, one more possibility to acknowledge.
To be friends, but the inconvenience of been friends is that the little thing that we feel for each other is always going to be there, never to be vanish, never to be gone.
Perhaps there should not be anything anymore.
Because to change for someone that will never change for you is a waste of time.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (meaning of love by miguel palma )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Woman Work, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Hold On, Spiritwind Wood
- Underwoods: Epigram, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Passions of Love, Cathy Hodgson
- What Is an Epigram?, Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- Before and Every After, Marianne Boruch
- Patron, Archan Mehta
- I Never Compose A Poem, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Binoo the Actor, sarojkanta dash
- It Is Not Mine, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Train Journey, Asit Kumar Sanyal