Mercenaries and bounty hunters
The prey is a human candidate.
I think that'd be an easy kind of job.
In a small way you're culling
As some martyrs say, death is enevitable anyway.
Why not get it out of the way and see if there's
Or just blackness
Or some kind of limbo.
Mercenaries, the hunters of men.
Bounty hunters, cash on receipt of cadaver.
Statistics written casually on sheets of bleached paper
Addresses memorized then desposed of.
Would it be so hard to become a killer
To start with swatting the fly
Then shooting someone in the eye
What would be the over-riding sensation
The disgust of murder or adrenaline's elation.
Not easy to answer that without standing in the shoes
Of the killer with the rifle aiming.
Our national armed forces often do this every day.
You could apply right now.
Gary Diamond's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mercenaries by Gary Diamond )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Tabatha Khumalo, Bob Johnson
- 'What's Wrong With Her? ', nikka mee farillon
- Emotions Kept Inside, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Yehi Karna Hay to Insan Banata Keyun Hay, Akhtar Jawad
- Golden Dreams, Ruma Chaudhuri
- Wind shall blow, hasmukh amathalal
- Turn to flower, hasmukh amathalal
- PH: Life: Growing Up, La! * - Chapter3 (.., Brian Johnston
- Mind Over Matter, david kush
- Don't do anything in a bigger way than t.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan