Scott Stanley Davis
I've looked into this word, that everyone has heard, a five letter word, that has no equivalent; and is so magnificent and used as a divine instrument. Mercy is a feeling that motivates compassion, a disposition to be kind and forgiving; its a definition that is sometimes seen in a combat mission, and in very bad conditions; This can be with a passion and it must never go out of fashion; its the bases of human existence, to be merciful in all its subsistence. When one stands before the throne, and is asked what has he condone, can he atone? Or will his words come out like a stone; or will this be postponed? Because by then you had better known, what you should have sown. For I was hungry, and you gave me meat: I was thirsty, and you gave me drink: I was a stranger, and you took me in, naked, and you clothed me: I was sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came unto me; What will the King of heavens throne say, when he answers that day; Truly, truly I say, because you have done these in a merciful way, and that in your days, to the least thought of people on the earth, I say; You have done it unto me; while I was away, in preparing heavens buffet, now we can all be together and share it forever.
Scott Stanley Davis's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mercy by Scott Stanley Davis )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
- Elegy For Whitney, michael walker
- This Poet's Playground, Susan Lacovara
- LIFE OF THE AFRICAN CHILDREN, Great Emeritus
- Joy, Ashutosh ramnarayan Prasad K ..
- The mason's daughter, Maheshwer Peri
- My mother is still living with me, gajanan mishra
- Schooldays, michael walker
- There's no prescription to your doom, Mark Heathcote
- समनि नायथाय- 03, Ronjoy Brahma
- Stretched To Depths, Lawrence S. Pertillar