R. K. Hart
He stumbles from here to there,
Sometimes hitting the floor and others landing in a chair.
Sometimes he's a rock of a male,
And others he's just shale.
He made a cake and apologized because it was moist,
'Did you turn the oven on', upon his petard he was hoist.
The oven, 'how was I to know, ' he thought, going pale,
After all he's just a mere male.
She sent him pizza to buy with coupons in hand,
Coupons she gave him to use them, a thought built on sand.
After all, he had the cash to cover so why would she rail,
How was he to know after all he's just a mere male.
At lunch, brother and he had received the wrong meal,
Changing the seating fixed the deal.
How was he to know you would exchange the plate?
To be the mere male is his fate.
He thought he'd cook a breakfast of eggs,
So he asked, looking at the dregs.
When cooking do you scramble before or after?
Mere male first heard silence then belly laughter.
So have pity on the one called man,
For he cannot do those things you can.
He does his best with the knowledge he has,
Mere male might even remember the seat on the lav.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mere Male by R. K. Hart )
- Scriptures, gajanan mishra
- Mazdoor Bachey, Bano Ali
- She Says, Joseph Narusiewicz
- In the Company of my Muse, Valsa George
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(January 6, 1883 – April 10, 1931)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)