It was the year 2007,
that was the year Jean went to heaven.
I went to see the place she was raised,
she had an interesting life I do say.
She designed Hallmark’s house,
Her dad was friends with Walt Disney
who created Mickey Mouse.
She loved children,
for she designed a playground set,
She was very talented and the best.
A storyteller and a poet talented at age 8,
She edited her mom’s poems made them great.
Ted Nugent is her famous cousin,
I saw him perform at Iowa Jam,
He kept people buzzing.
Now I wear Jean’s ring,
she wanted to give me everything,
but that’s o.k. memories of her are the best thing.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on August 12,2011
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missouri 2007 by Suzanna Chevalier )
- When Negligence falls in love!, Beloufa Chahra
- Over And Out Of Your Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Mosque, Wani Rahil
- A Vision, nadia abduljabbar
- Distance, Beloufa Chahra
- Child's Grace, Randy McClave
- The Many Worlds Of Multiverses, Is It Poetry
- Meaningful Treasures, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Control, Garrett Doff
- Thoughts, Garrett Doff
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Negro Mother, Langston Hughes
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)