It was the year 2007,
that was the year Jean went to heaven.
I went to see the place she was raised,
she had an interesting life I do say.
She designed Hallmark’s house,
Her dad was friends with Walt Disney
who created Mickey Mouse.
She loved children,
for she designed a playground set,
She was very talented and the best.
A storyteller and a poet talented at age 8,
She edited her mom’s poems made them great.
Ted Nugent is her famous cousin,
I saw him perform at Iowa Jam,
He kept people buzzing.
Now I wear Jean’s ring,
she wanted to give me everything,
but that’s o.k. memories of her are the best thing.
Written by Suzanna Chevalier on August 12,2011
Suzanna Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missouri 2007 by Suzanna Chevalier )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Humans, Eugene Levich
- Independence Day of India 2014 (in acros.., Dr John Celes
- Bitter-Sweet Memories, Matthias Pantaleon
- Friend 2, Neela Nath
- Romantic Love, The Princess
- So move, hasmukh amathalal
- His Face, Heather Jephcott
- Why to think?, hasmukh amathalal
- Through my window sill, binod bastola
- The bondage, hasmukh amathalal