nimal dunuhinga (19, April,1951 / kalubovila East, Sri Lanka)
Mom! You're Not Aware Of This Mother's Day?
Remember you had tired & sad eyes
like in a Vincent Van Gogh's painting
and the secret smile in your weathered face
resembles Mona Lisa!
The big heart,
specialized doctor's diagnosed
that easily soluble pill
You keep under your tongue
when you're uneasy?
That always recites; 'Blessed are those
who can give without remembering
and take without forgetting.'
You really loved the love
and remember when I put sugar on the floor
then collect the black ants,
'Don't harm anybody' You advised me.
Everyday is a Mother's day, Mom!
Nowadays, life full of Neck/Back pains
Tingling & shooting pains
Sprains and strains
and this ugly World
still rotates in my
to my beloved wife-children's Mother!
Poet Other Poems
- * I was born by the River
- *Malani Senehelatha Fonseka
- *Moon rapes his sister Sun
- A Barber writes
- A beautiful widow's upstage
- A beggar maid sings in an awful night!
- A Beggar Maid's Breakdown In The Life Cy...
- A Beggar Never Complains?
- A bird flies beyond the sky
- A Bird Has No Wings In The Storm
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem