Moment of Their Psyches, Pirate Adventures (14)
I opened the vortex, plunging into timeless depth,
unaware of my presence in the external world,
I smelled his stench and unlocked the stronghold to his lair
subjugated by the vicious panting of his breath.
A rift appeared; the beast emerged corneas plagued
by jaundiced eyes, gurgling intestinal waste,
huge grotesque limbs, its snarling upper lip torqued in rage
exposing blood drenched teeth in pock scarred pitted face.
Addressed in battle, clanging challenge of metal swords;
intuiting blows, portending each moment of their psyches,
evading stone mallets wielded by her fervent hordes,
the beast their butcher,
they screamed beneath his gutting strikes.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moment of Their Psyches, Pirate Adventures (14) by Captain Cur )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Final Frontier, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Doors Of Destiny, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reproductions Through Music, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Safest place, gajanan mishra
- To whom I am going, gajanan mishra
- In The Process Of Existence, Naveed Akram
- Thy presence, binod bastola
- My Maiden's Love Is Like A Cloud In June, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- दिल को हरदम dil ko hardam, hasmukh amathalal
- Ode To Envy, Chibueze Oscar Osuji