Mooning About Pondless Mond Despond - after Li Po
Sunlight: deep doubt drawing due conclusions from drought-stricken well,
parchment parched ground, dust mounds, current evaporated, dew withdrawn, arid, fell.
Two downcast eyes tried to remember recalling fertile past's pastures.
Abandoned town counted cost of current climatic disasters.
© Jonathan Robin translation after Li Po - Li Bai - written 7 December 2008
MOND: Neologism as in German MOND = Moon and in French MONDE = World in the context of MOON ABOUT = be apathetic, gloomy
fell: in the sense of evil
current 1: stream
current 2: today
climactic: consisting of or causing a climax
climatic: pertaining to the climate
Jing Ye Si
Moonlight, gracing the foot of the well,
Seems like frost that on the ground fell.
I raise my head to gaze upon the moon
And lower it, remembering my childhood town.
Translation Shya http: //allpoetry.com/poem/4423143
Jonathan ROBIN's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mooning About Pondless Mond Despond - after Li Po by Jonathan ROBIN )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Unforseen Reality, Seema Chowdhury
- The Stone Carver, John F. McCullagh
- Everglades, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Do Not Let Go Of God's Hands, Seema Chowdhury
- Be Ready to Move Forward, Seema Chowdhury
- My Two Friends, Naveed Akram
- *Sigh*, Michael McParland
- Mouna Vrata - The Vow of Silence., Hardik Vaidya
- Handle, Aparna Chatterjee
- Dorothy Slept In The Emerald Eye Of Cycl.., mary douglas