Lawrence S. Pertillar
More Visual Than Not
When you decided,
To silence your lips.
Believing problems others had...
Were not yours to exist.
And you pointed your fingers,
With judgements passed?
While your assets dwindled.
As those 'others' you trashed!
Your opinion now expressed...
Has less influence than your crab grass.
Or the effective use of a lawn mower,
When it was needed.
To do a job now long ignored!
It is better left to collect cobwebs and dust.
Instead of making meaningless threats...
No one within hearing distance takes seriously.
Since the evidence becomes more visual than not!
And apparently someone has spent too much time sleeping.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (More Visual Than Not by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Loneliness, Ashwini Annigeri
- समनि नायथाय- 25, Ronjoy Brahma
- I am not uttering, gajanan mishra
- Holy and pure, hasmukh amathalal
- For All The Love In Me, Sasha Claire Beckains
- Sick of Seeing So Much Violence on the S.., Hebert Logerie
- Tomar charan dhuli, ramesh rai
- All horizons, hasmukh amathalal
- The area of no envy, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Your true friend is in you, Ashwini Annigeri
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Call It Music, Philip Levine
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(January 10, 1928)