Lawrence S. Pertillar
More Visual Than Not
When you decided,
To silence your lips.
Believing problems others had...
Were not yours to exist.
And you pointed your fingers,
With judgements passed?
While your assets dwindled.
As those 'others' you trashed!
Your opinion now expressed...
Has less influence than your crab grass.
Or the effective use of a lawn mower,
When it was needed.
To do a job now long ignored!
It is better left to collect cobwebs and dust.
Instead of making meaningless threats...
No one within hearing distance takes seriously.
Since the evidence becomes more visual than not!
And apparently someone has spent too much time sleeping.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (More Visual Than Not by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- My Bird, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Two Thumbs Up., Harold R Hunt Sr
- A basket سلة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The pond, Harold R Hunt Sr
- All We Need Is Love, Sandra Feldman
- The train., Harold R Hunt Sr
- No lights., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Tail of Two Buffalo s, Harold R Hunt Sr
- Not A Dream But Maybe What We Will, Hirotsugu Daba
- Remembering., Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley