Prem Surya Kumar
Yonder, yonder, yonder
The bull carts tread the meadows slow hither
And the early birds fly the mountains thither!
Up, yet up, and up more
The pink sun, smiling, clambers hill over
As tender leaves wake from drooping snore!
Over, and over, all over
The grass lands, Spring Time does squander,
And kisses the flowers, they quiver!
Under, under, down under
The blankets the lazy-wretch slumber,
And the new-weds, cuddled up, whisper!
Then, and now, like ever
The maids here come, and drop in water,
And louder my heart beats, quicker, quicker!
Slow, and fast, now faster,
Swaying around the cane field corner,
There comes my sweet heart, nearer and near!
Prem Surya Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morning by Prem Surya Kumar )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Nymphs And Shepherds, Thomas Shadwell
Poem of the Day
- From what tall lie am I, Madrason writer
- Out Of Body, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Honour my feelings!, Rekha Mandagere
- The End is Coming, michael hagwood
- A pencil on a painting, Ntando.B Da poet
- Distance, Alex Rodriguez
- Fierceless, Alex Rodriguez
- A Thousand More, Smoky Hoss
- i think i left my hand in yours. go look., Mandolyn ...
- Wild cold of novemeber, Alex Rodriguez