Prem Surya Kumar
Yonder, yonder, yonder
The bull carts tread the meadows slow hither
And the early birds fly the mountains thither!
Up, yet up, and up more
The pink sun, smiling, clambers hill over
As tender leaves wake from drooping snore!
Over, and over, all over
The grass lands, Spring Time does squander,
And kisses the flowers, they quiver!
Under, under, down under
The blankets the lazy-wretch slumber,
And the new-weds, cuddled up, whisper!
Then, and now, like ever
The maids here come, and drop in water,
And louder my heart beats, quicker, quicker!
Slow, and fast, now faster,
Swaying around the cane field corner,
There comes my sweet heart, nearer and near!
Prem Surya Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morning by Prem Surya Kumar )
- Uncompleted Quest, Mark Nixon Legaspi
- All-in-one, Edward Kofi Louis
- Make Me, Sentamu Aziz
- The Traffic Light, Edward Kofi Louis
- Bye Baby, Sentamu Aziz
- Homeland, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Kylie, Edward Kofi Louis
- Childhood, Ibrahim Nasrallah
- Poetical Arizona Deserts, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Freedom, Ibrahim Nasrallah
Poem of the Day
- Blackberry-Picking, Seamus Heaney
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Prison Cell, Mahmoud Darwish
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(April 13,1939 - August 30, 2013)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)