Prem Surya Kumar
Over to the Woodlands We Go! !
Come brother, come friend, come let us go
Over to the mountains and the woodlands below
And watch with delight the soft sunrise
From the green glades where the orchids grow.
Here there is no smoke, nor rush, nor noise
Nor anyone from sick weariness sighs,
But under a crystal blue sky in quiet
A lovely, lively fresh greenness lies.
Somewhere a cuckoo cooes in rapturous delight
And a skylark, singing, soars into the height,
And from somewhere the melodious murmur of a rill
Reappears to set the soul and heart aright!
Tell brother, tell me, don't you so feel
That we could also, if we all so will,
Bring this paradise to our life and forgo
The hubbub, the madness, the run-of-the-mill?
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Over to the Woodlands We Go! ! by Prem Surya Kumar )
- O My Songs, Madhav Sarkunde
- Detester's haste, Hamisi Miriti
- Masibonisane, senzokhaya umhayi
- namhlanje usuku olukhulu, senzokhaya umhayi
- okuhle, senzokhaya umhayi
- babies and dogs, oskar hansen
- God Could be Never Wrong, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- Khalani zinyoni vele nizolibusa, senzokhaya umhayi
- Fever power, hasmukh amathalal
- Inside a tomb, MOHAMMAD SKATI