Multiple personality disorder
When the mysterious'They' finally do decide
to administer the necessary tests,
questions as quizzes
designed to trip me up,
or better yet to expose me,
they come away bewitched, bothered and bewildered.
My answers don't add-up
to that which is considered normal.
It appears I am on the cusp
balanced precariously between in and out.
I have given two sets of completely different answers
to the very same questions,
and since I am not bi-polar
they assume I must be suffering
from a multiple personality disorder.
Based on my horoscope
and the current alignment of the planets
they presume aquarius must be rising.
However, this still is not enough
to convince them of my true state of mind.
It is not until they discover
that I have been born again
that their findings become conclusive.
So they reluctantlyu release me
to safely go back to the streets
to go back
to being abnormal.
richard ilnicki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Multiple personality disorder by richard ilnicki )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Thesaurus, lee fones
- Who Says India Is Not Secular? Do Not Mi.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- My Loneliness, Muhammad Shafi Lone
- India-centric Statement, Bijay Kant Dubey
- All The Time Minorityism Is Not Good At .., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Modern Indian English Poetess In The G.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Funeral March, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- An Indian English Poetess, How Bobbed An.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Jhuthey, Aftab Alam
- Poetry As Broken Lines, Bijay Kant Dubey