Multiple personality disorder
When the mysterious'They' finally do decide
to administer the necessary tests,
questions as quizzes
designed to trip me up,
or better yet to expose me,
they come away bewitched, bothered and bewildered.
My answers don't add-up
to that which is considered normal.
It appears I am on the cusp
balanced precariously between in and out.
I have given two sets of completely different answers
to the very same questions,
and since I am not bi-polar
they assume I must be suffering
from a multiple personality disorder.
Based on my horoscope
and the current alignment of the planets
they presume aquarius must be rising.
However, this still is not enough
to convince them of my true state of mind.
It is not until they discover
that I have been born again
that their findings become conclusive.
So they reluctantlyu release me
to safely go back to the streets
to go back
to being abnormal.
richard ilnicki's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Multiple personality disorder by richard ilnicki )
- The theme is flight, Patricia Spears Jones
- Son Cubano, Patricia Spears Jones
- After Many Years (Tanka), Mihaela Pirjol
- I live and I, gajanan mishra
- Crime & War, Dean Meredith
- This world is messy, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Barriers Within, Namita Sawant
- Ma mate kahuchhi, gajanan mishra
- The New Watch, Terence Murphy
- My mother is telling me, gajanan mishra
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 October 1885 – 1 November 1972)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 March 1934 – 31 May 2009)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)