RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Fastidiously searching for a fraction of intimacy, safe and
secure, no trace of rape or selfishness tied hiddenly to
Wanting to be held, loved, be one's self, finding no one who
cares, silently sitting back, watching others.
Is life really as hopeless and lost as it seems to be?
Multiplying loneliness by the infractions of abuse, growing
inwardly, becoming a reclusive hermit.
Hiding in caverns, deep and dark, afraid to venture out again,
because everything always remains the same as yesterday.
Wishing to be any other way is futile, love can never be found
in this world, it is expressed from hellish nightmares brought
to truth and reality.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Multiplying Loneliness by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
Did you read them?
- Ode To Peace, Dilantha Gunawardana
- Divine Words, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Dark chocolate, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Colonization, gajanan mishra
- Coexisting, Kyle Schlicher
- Feelings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Let me tell a friend a story, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Our Fall خريفنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Sufferings, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- MacDeath - From Zombie Apocalypse Poems .., Matthew Lawler
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)