Prem Narayan Nath
With whom did you come all the way
as the yellow of mustard blossoms
does the drum beat in your bosom
do you dip in your heart to paint?
does the river surge in your eyes
or trickle down lean as sorrow?
Does spring fall
fall the blossoming jasmine?
Does the lisping crane
peck at your heart?
does your river overflow with love
or purl quietly on?
Translated by Pradip Acharjya
Prem Narayan Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mustard blossom by Prem Narayan Nath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Foolishly Spending, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Big Pussy- Or how Carl Sagan Gave 9-Yea.., Joseph Green
- Writing Poetry, Joseph Green
- Ode to Those People You Can't Find on Fa.., Joseph Green
- Field of July, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Ode to My Bathroom Mirror at 6: 13 in th.., Joseph Green
- Sunlight Playing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Medina (Urdu poem with translation), Akhtar Jawad
- An Emptiness Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Autumnal Equinox, Weymouth Bay, Captain Cur