ivor or ivor.e hogg
I cannot say with certainty
that I am right though I might be.
You have the right to disagree.
I will consider carefully
the reasons that you offer me.
As to why you can’t agree.
I think that very possibly
there’s little possibility
That you will ever agree with me
You can’t admit that I might be
correct. Because you dislike me.
You are not thinking logically
I cannot claim with honesty
that I am quite prejudice free.
I don’t like you, you don’t like me.
At least on that we can agree.
Sunday,01 August 2010
http: // blog.myspace.com/poeticpiers
ivor or ivor.e hogg's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mutual antipathy. by ivor or ivor.e hogg )
- The Detective, Sylvia Plath
- Stopped Dead, Sylvia Plath
- The Courage Of Shutting-Up, Sylvia Plath
- Eavesdropper, Sylvia Plath
- I See The Blessing Coming, Gbolagade Taiwo
- A Bowl Of Eggs, Naveed Khalid
- Crossing The Water, Sylvia Plath
- Morning Air, Leah Ayliffe
- An Abstract Art, Naveed Khalid
- Mary's Song, Sylvia Plath
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)