James Bredin (1933 / Ennis Canada)
MY DEATH... FEB 27TH,2013
MY DEATH … Feb 27th,2013
I would like to delay my death for 25 years or more,
And then arrange it all before I finally go out the door,
But death-with-dignity is illegal in Canada now,
As those who told Sue Rodriguez as if they were holier than thou.
I think twenty forty two would be a good year to die,
I'll be a hundred and five by then so they'll be no need to cry,
Just take some pills and lie down and quietly peacefully die,
Though those opposed might cause a fuss and I don't know why.
Unfortunately our Ottawa elites seem to be in hiding now,
And they expect to be treated like a sacred cow,
So I hope they change their ways by twenty forty two,
And if I'm still alive; I'll wave to them from the DWD queue.
Poet Other Poems
- A Big Black Hole... May 9th,2013
- A BINGO HALL... DEC 5TH,2013
- A BINGO HALL... FEB 21TH,2014
- A BLUE MOON... NOV 23RD,2012
- A CANADIAN DEMOCRATIC DICTATOR
- A CANADIAN ELECTION... MAY 26TH,2013
- A CANADIAN TEA PARTY
- A CONSTITUTION LIKE THE SWISS... JAN 19T...
- A Forbidden Subject
- A GIRL IN DERRY June 19th,2011
- A Group of Appoıntees
- A HUNDRED THOUSAND CANADIAN REASONS
- A National Referendum... March 1st,2014
- A Need For Binding Rederendums... Mar 20...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.