I once saw a future,
a long awaited dream,
the only ones it consisted of
was you and me.
Every time I look back,
on the days of 'we, '
it breaks my heart
because, it was a real as today.
but 'today' is long gone,
but I still dream of it,
I smile at your name
appearing on my phone.
I wish I didn't-
I wish I could forget,
I wish I could leave it-
all in my past.
I don't want this pain,
burning through my heart,
and I know I only feel it,
because of the mark you've left.
Just let go,
of this hold you have on me,
I want nothing more,
than to be free.
You are my one desire,
the price I will pay,
either way, one of us
will walk away hurt.
My desire, we need to end this,
we need to walk away,
because- simply: I'd die,
if you were ever hurt.
Katherine Bryce's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (My Desire by Katherine Bryce )
- I Don't Knead Your Love Butt it Would BE.., Mr. Nobody
- Story to tell, hasmukh amathalal
- Why Africa Would Not Bow, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Walking With The Master, Heather Burns
- O night, you have so much beauty really, gajanan mishra
- Passage for, hasmukh amathalal
- I Did Not Know, Jerome Chukwuemeka Edwin
- Simply Spoken Life, Heather Burns
- Did You Ever Love Me, Peter S. Quinn
- On To the Night, Peter S. Quinn
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)